CultureShockMedia is a boutique consulting and technology firm with over 20 years of experience implementing technology for a variety of public and private sector clients. CSM is seeking consultants to support our portfolio of projects with public and private sector clients.
About the work
The consultant will be expected to create, update, and manage code for the client’s Application Development section. Primarily the focus will be on intranet and internet applications but other applications including desktop development are possible. The consultant will provide a weekly status report for work in progress, work completed, and work assigned, but not yet started and attend status update meetings as needed.
About the consultant
CSM is seeking a consultant with the following skills and experience:
Demonstrate professional experience in designing and developing web-based applications.
Mandatory Skills and Qualifications:
- Reading, analyzing, and understanding complex code bases of existing projects
- .NET programming languages. (C# or VB)
- Web services
- Browser stack (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Accessible (WCAG) and secure development practices (e.g., OWASP, NIST)
- Formal AGILE development as a part of a team environment.
- Formal DevOps, working knowledge of well-known version control systems (such as git or team foundation services).
- Intranet and internet-focused, browser-based, large-scale applications.
- Database operations and design for Oracle and SQL Server.
- Working with business owners and subject matter experts to turn business needs into technical requirements.
- PHP development background.
- Familiarity with natural resource management, especially Forestry.
- Experience in government contracting.